Check out this report from Hookit that provides some really impressive social media statistics from the 2014-2015 PGA TOUR season. Click below for more.
Highlights from the report include the following insights:
- PGA TOUR golfers have 36,457,436 million followers combined on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Tiger Woods nearly doubles Rory McIlroy in total social media followers with 8,291,276 to Rory’s 4,321,377.
- Rory is the king of social media Interactions (likes, comments, shares, and retweets) with 5,900,000 over the last year. Rickie Fowler is second with 2,500,000 interactions.
- Rory’s Nike shoes and Bose speaker giveaways are incredibly popular with 343,200 and 118,600 interactions, respectively.
- Danny Lee and Tony Finau have the highest percentage in new follower growth.
- Winning The Masters in April led to an unprecedented spike in web searches for Jordan Spieth.